Mobile World Congress 2020
Gran Hotel Havana
Mobile World Congress 2020. Hotel and accommodation in Barcelona
The Mobile World Congress (MWC) will once again make Barcelona its home during four days of presentations, meetings, and lots of networking opportunities.
What is the MWC?
MWC is the acronym for the Mobile World Congress, the biggest mobile telecommunications event in the world where the latest trends and innovations of this sector are presented.
At the same time, the following will also be held:
- 4 Years from Now (4YFN). MWC’s innovation platform that aims to diseminate the work of the most cutting edge telecom startups, a space where entrepreneurs, companies, investors and institutions can meeet each other and create new businesses. This event will also feature xside, a space promoted in collaboration with the organisers of Sónar, that explores the creativity of the mobile industry: with music, gastronomy, interactive art installations and debates, among others.
Where? At Plaza España.
- Yomo, Youth Mobile Festival, or the mobile festival for young people.
Where? At la Farga in Hospitalet.
- Women4Tech. An environment to discuss how equal opportunities brought by diversity and inclusion are transformed into a driving force for success.
Where? At the MWC premises.
Dates for MWC 2020
The official conference runs from Monday 24th until Thursday 27th February. However, normally there are lots of activities organised on the Sunday before so that those that arrive in advance can make the most of their trip.
Hotel Mobile World Congress, where to stay
Finding accommodation during the days of the Mobile World Congress can be complicated if you don´t make a reservation well in advance.
At the four star superior Gran Hotel Havana, we offer a comfortable place to stay, attending to all your needs, right in the city centre and very well connected to the different venues where the congress is held.
We can tell you how to get to the MWC activities, conferences, expositions, etc from our Hotel:
The Mobile World Congress 2020 will take place in various venues simultaneously.
We will let you know how to get to each venue.
- Enclosure MWC en la Fira de la Gran Vía de Barcelona (Hospitalet).
If you are travelling directly from the airport, the fastest way is to take the metro line 9 to the station “Fira”. The metro station is very close to the south entrance and the areas 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Alternatively, there is a direct connection with the metro station “Foc” on line 10.
From the city centre, we recommend taking the ferrocarril train from Plaza de España and getting off at the stop “Europa/Fira”.
From Gran Hotel Havana you can arrive easily, by metro (15 minutes to Plaza de España) or directly on the H12 bus that travels all the way down Gran Vía.
- Enclosure 4YFN in Plaza de España.
The “4 Years From Now” (4YFN) enclosure compliments the MWC programme with the aim of connecting entrepreneurs, professionals and start-ups with accelerator investors from around the world.
To arrive at Plaza Españathe best option is to travel by metro using the red line (L1) or green line (L3).
From Gran Hotel Havana it takes just a little over 10 minutes, from door to door, using the Green line (seven stops from Paseo de Gracia) or the red line (5 stops from Urquinaona).
Where you can collect your accreditation for the MWC
Remember you can collect your accreditation from Barcelona airport in terminals 1, 2B y 2C, Sants train station and in Paseo de Gracia with Gran Vía de Les Corts Catalanas (just three minutes from Gran Hotel Havana).
This way, the organisation aims to avoid big queues at the exposition enclosures.
It is worth bearing in mind that the sooner you collect your accreditation, the sooner you can enjoy unlimited public transport throughout the days of the congress. This way you don´t need to pay for transport from the airport or train station.
Tickets MWC 2020. Price
The price of the Mobile World Conference 2020 remains the same as previous years. There are a wide range of price options that extend from 799 to 4,999 euros, not including VAT.
These are the different entrance options and their corresponding prices for the congress:
- Exhibition Pass(from 799 euros): entrance in the fair, majority of seminars and tours around the enclosures.
- Silver Pass(from 2,199 euros): also includes access to the industry leader conferences and awards gala.
- Gold Pass(from 2,699 euros): adds a catering service, access to the VIP areas and information on industry studies.
- VIP Platinum Pass(from 4,999 euros): is the most expensive entry option, which includes reception and transfer from the airport, VIP parking and priority seating, among others.
- Topic Pass IoT or 5G from 1,699 euros.
The tickets for 4YFN are somewhat cheaper than those for MWC. For this reason, the price varies, ranging from 299 euros to 499. You may find special offers if you make your reservation in advance.
News MWC 2020
The latest innovations that will be presented in 2020 will focus on the following 7 selected topics:
- Artificial intelligence
- Connectivity: the era of 5G
- Media and entertainment
- Security and privacy
- Customer engagement
- Industry X: IoT
- Our Planet
Those who are interested in a specific topic can ask about “topics tours” which focus on one of these trends.
The organisers also offer tailored programmes based on the interests and objectives of the event attendees.
At the Gran Hotel Havana we await you with the best accommodation for MWC 2020 in the centre of the city.