Mobile World Congress 2019. Accommodation, dates and more.
The Mobile World Congress (MWC) will once again make Barcelona its home during four days of presentations, meetings, and lots of networking opportunities.
The official conference runs from Monday 25th until Thursday 28th February. However, normally there are lots of activities organised on the Sunday before so that those that arrive in advance can make the most of their trip.
Where to stay in the Mobile World Congress
Finding accommodation during the days of the Mobile World Congress can be complicated if you don´t make a reservation well in advance.
At the four star superior Gran Hotel Havana, we offer a comfortable place to stay, attending to all your needs, right in the city centre.
How to get to the Mobile World Congress
The Mobile World Congress 2019 will take place in various venues simultaneously.
We will let you know how to arrive at each venue.
- Enclosure MWC en la Fira de la Gran Vía de Barcelona (Hospitalet).
- If you are travelling directly from the airport, the fastest way is to take the metro line 9 to the station “Fira”. The metro station is very close to the south entrance and the areas 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Alternatively, there is a direct connection with the metro station “Foc” on line 10.
- From the city centre, we recommend taking the ferrocarril train from Plaza de España and getting off at the stop “Europa/Fira”.
From Hotel Gran Havana you can arrive easily, in metro (just five minutes to Plaza de España) or directly in the H12 bus that travels all the way down Gran Vía.
- Enclosure 4YFN in en Plaza de España.
The“4 Years From Now” (4YFN) enclosure compliments the MWC programme with the aim of connecting entrepreneurs, professionals and start-ups with accelerator investors from around the world.
- To arrive at Plaza España the best option is to travel by metro using the red line (L1) or green line (L3).
- From Hotel Gran Havana it takes just a little over 10 minutes, from door to door, using the Green line (seven stops from Paseo de Gracia) or the red line (5 stops from Urquinaona).
Where you can collect your accreditation for the MWC
Remember you can collect you accreditation from Barcelona airport in terminals 1, 2B y 2C, Sants train station and in Paseo de Gracia with Gran Vía de Les Corts Catalanas (just three minutes from Gran Hotel Havana).
This way, the organization aims to avoid big queues at the exposition enclosures.
It is worth bearing in mind that the sooner you collect your accreditation, the sooner you can enjoy unlimited public transport throughout the days of the congress. This way you don´t need to pay for transport from the airport or train station.
The price of the MWC 2019 remains the same as previous years. There are a wide range of price options that extend from 799 to 4.999 euros.
These are the different entrance options and their corresponding prices for the congress:
- Exhibition Pass (799 euros): entrance in the fair, majority of seminars and tours around the enclosures.
- Silver Pass (2.199 euros): also includes access to the industry leader conferences and awards gala.
- Gold Pass (2.699 euros): adds a catering service, access to the VIP areas and information on industry studies.
- Platinum Pass (4.999 euros): is the most expensive entree option, which includes reception and transfer from the airport, VIP parking and priority seating, among others.
The tickets for 4YFN are somewhat cheaper, ranging from 299 euros to 499. You may find special offers if you make your reservation in advance.
News MWC 2019
One of the main differences of the Mobile World Congress 2019 is it´s change of name. In fact from now on the correct name will be just MWC, with just its acronym.
With this shift, the organization would like to take the spotlight off the “mobile” part. Their aim is to focus more on the congress as a technology catalyst and connectivity in general, in particular covering topics such as the internet of things, artificial intelligence and big data.
In line with this they have designed a new exhibition space Digital Planet in the pavilion 8.1, where they expect more than 200 application suppliers and specialists in e-commerce, communication and marketing. Between them they will disclose the secrets behind impacting people with internet connection in their day to day lives, through the creation of experiences and solutions.
With reference to the speakers at MWC 2019, some of the first confirmed guests are Vodafone Group CEO, Nick Read; HTC founder and CEO, Cher Wang and Groupon CEO, Rich Williams.
In Gran Hotel Havana we await you with the best accommodation for the MWC in the city centre.