Barcelona Marathon 2020
Barcelona Marathon 2020. Route and more information.
The Barcelona Marathon 2020 presents the 42nd edition and a route designed to help you improve your time.
In this article you will find all the information you need to know about the race that will be celebrated on Sunday March 15th: practical details, how to get around the city and where to stay.
Barcelona Marathon route 2020
Just like previous years, the route of the Barcelona Marathon 2020 will start and finish in Plaza España.
This year the route will be the same as 2019. Therefore, the most important changes to the route compared with previous years are the following:
- Around kilometre 2,5 the layout will avoid the turns in Avenida de Madrid y Numancia.
This time, the race will go along the Carretera de Sants until arriving at Camp Nou where it will continue straight down Travessera de Les Corts.
- In kilometre 10, where the route meets Paseo de Gracia, there are more updates removing some of the climbing, which can feel long.
For this reason, the route won´t go as far as Diagonal, instead it will continue along Aragón and Calle Mallorca.
- The stretch along Avenida Meridiana has also been lengthened (going and returning).
- And, finally, the last kilometres will pass by the Sepúlveda and not along Paralelo like in previous editions, making the arrival to the finish line more bearable.
Monuments to look out for on the Barcelona Marathon route
These are a few of the most important monuments in the city of Barcelona, which you could see during the Marathon:
Plaza España, Camp Nou, Parc Joan Miró, Paseo de Gracia (Casa Batlló), Rambla de Catalunya, Sagrada Familia, Puente Calatrava, Torre Agbar (Glorias), Fórum, Playas de Barcelona, Parque de la Ciudadela, Arco del Triunfo, Plaza de Cataluña, Monumento Colón and the reformed Mercado de Sant Antoni.
Barcelona Marathon Price
The Price of the Barcelona Marathon increases in line with the number of signups.
For the first 10.000 participants (a number that usually sells out relatively quickly) it costs 61.50 euros, up to 17.000 participants, 73 euros and finally above 17.001 signups, the price is 84 euros.
Other practical details about the Barcelona Marathon
- The start time is at 8:30 AM in the Av. Reina María Cristina (next to plaza de España)
- The maximum race time to complete the 42 kilometres of the route is 6 hours, but the fastest usually finish in just over 2 hours.
- A group of seven pacemakers will mark a set rhythm during the race in order to help others to achieve their best times of, 2.45 h, 3.00 h, 3.15 h, 3.30 h, 3.45 h, 4.00 h o 4.30 h.
- There will be provisions stops every 2.5 kilometres.
- The cloakroom will be in el Palacio Italiano in the Fira of Barcelona in plaza España and will open at 6.30 in the morning.
Where to stay
In order to reserve accommodation during the days of the Barcelona Marathon the best thing to do is to reserve in advance.
In the Gran Hotel Havana in Barcelona with 4 superior stars, we await you in the city centre, just 5 metro stops from the race start (less than 10 minutes).
Remember that reserving in our official web you are guaranteed the best price, as well as late check out until 14h and a voucher that you can exchange for a complementary drink during your stay.
Here you can see all of our offers.
Barcelona Half Marathon
A month before the Barcelona Marathon, the Barcelona Half Marathon will take place on Sunday 16 February 2020. An opportunity, that a number of marathon runners take advantage of, to test their resistance before the big race.
The 21 kilometre route starts and finishes in Passeig Pujades, close to Arc de Triomf, centred around the coastal part of the city.
- The cloakroom service will be in the Estación del Norte and will close at 8:30am.
- The race starts at 8:45am and the maximum finish time is 2h 45 minutes.
At the Gran Hotel Havana we wait for you with the best bedrooms and less than 20 minutes’ walk from the starting point (one metro stop).
Make the most of the Barcelona Marathon 2020 to discover an amazing city in the best accommodation.